Credit and Debt
Building Credit and Getting Out of Debt
How good would it feel to have your debts in control and your credit score on the rise? You could reduce stress, spend less on interest, put more towards savings, and achieve financial wellness.
What may seem unattainable is often within reach--we just need the right resources and support.
Learn How to Build Your Credit
- Watch Greenpath's webinar on options for dealing with debt
- Understand the pros and cons of Debt Consolidation
- Avoid the traps of Payday Loans and Debt Settlement plans
- Know your rights from the Fair Debt Collection Act and Fair Credit Billing Act
- Get answers to questions about bankruptcy, but only from trusted sources
- Check out our resources for Budgeting and Saving
- Stay on top of your credit score. As a member of Holy Rosary Credit Union, you have free access to your credit report and score, tips for improvement, and credit monitoring alerts.
- Apply what you know about your credit score by making payments on time, paying down credit cards, having a mix of different kinds of credit, keeping old credit cards open, and avoiding hard inquiries.
- Add positive history to your credit report. If you lack installment credit history, consider a Credit Builder loan. If you have revolving credit history, consider a Secured Credit Card or Line of Credit.
Credit Check Plus is a free service of Holy Rosary Credit Union. You can expect to receive thorough, non-judgmental credit counseling from a staff member trained in financial coaching. Due to COVID-19, all Credit Check Plus sessions are held over Zoom.
In this session you'll not only have a free look at your credit report and score, you'll also learn strategies for building credit and getting out of debt--all tailored to your unique situation and goals. We'll run a "soft pull" of your credit report, which will not hurt your credit score.
We Want to Hear from You!
Tell us about your experience with Financial Wellness services from Holy Rosary Credit Union! Your feedback will help us know what is most beneficial and what can be improved.
- Watch Greenpath's webinar on how to use credit wisely, build your credit score, and save money while doing it.
- See what factors go into your credit score (video or infographic)
- Read 10 Ways to Build Credit
- Know your rights from the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Check out Greenpath's webinar answering common questions about credit reports and scores